one more "buzzword" :)
- Runs a set of services across more than one cloud.
- Purpose-built SuperPaaS Layer.
- Metadata Intelligence.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Software as a Service (SaaS).
The Cloudcast: Examining SuperCloud 3.0
WHAT IS SUPERCLOUD, AND WHY MIGHT IT BE IMPORTANT
- Multi-Cloud is a real thing (for various reasons), but Multi-Cloud-App is an anomaly.
- Maybe it’s a SuperApp, instead of a SuperCloud
- Clouds, Politics, Insurance
- What happens if applications “span” availability zones? Span regions?
- Can SuperCloud be a thing for the application, or mostly the data?
- The cost of moving data makes these types of applications very difficult to build and manage.
- Load-balancing, DNS, CDNs
2022 Look Ahead to SuperCloud (Eps.586)
Snowflake’s Data Cloud as an example of supercloud. And the momentum of Databricks (not shown above). VMware is clearly going after cross-cloud services. Basically every large company we see either pursuing supercloud initiatives or thinking about it. Dell, for example, showed Project Alpine at Dell Tech World – that’s a supercloud in development. Snowflake introducing a new app dev capability based on their SuperPaaS (our term of course they don’t use the phrase), MongoDB, Couchbase, Nutanix, Veeam, Crowdstrike, Okta, Zscaler. Even the likes of Cisco and HPE in our view will be building superclouds