Here is an interesting podcast / blog post about "what would Bezos do today,"
drawing parallels of internet / "web 1.0" (in fact it was HTTP 0.9 of 1990's :)
to what is now, not quite correctly, called "web3".
- The late-90s internet, and the public’s attitude towards it, was strikingly similar to web3, and the public’s attitude towards it, today.
- Amazon was the only FAAMG company that was conceived of explicitly as a business to take advantage of the internet’s unique characteristics.
And here is a book and podcast interview about HOW actual amazon.com DID do what they did to become very successful, customer-obsessed company.
- Have solid leadership principles.
- Use hiring to progressively raise the bar.
- Organize so you have single-threaded leaders.
- Communicate using narratives and six-pagers.
- Start with the desired customer experience.
- Manage your business inputs, not outputs.