2021 Cloud Report by Cockroach Labs
Comparing AWS vs Azure vs GCP
- GCP had the best overall performance across the set of microbenchmarks and achieved the best raw throughput on the OLTP benchmark, Cockroach Labs Derivative TPC-C.
- Arguably surpassing AWS for the first time, Azure’s ultra disks stood out in the storage I/O experiment.
- Finally, AWS offered the most cost efficient machine on the OLTP benchmark, Cockroach Labs Derivative TPC-C.
The 2021 Cloud Report runs over 1,000 microbenchmark tests to evaluate CPU, network, storage, and TPC-C performance. We want to help others understand the performance and cost tradeoffs of each cloud and its machines.
- 54 machines evaluated
- 1,000+ tests run
- 4 benchmarks implemented
- 12 performance categories compared
What's inside the 2021 Cloud Report?
- CPU performance benchmarks
- Network performance benchmarks
- Storage I/O performance
- OLTP performance
- Analysis of advanced vs general purpose disks
- Insights into CPU processors