- TYPE: Just use your keyboard.
- TALK: Have a bilingual conversation.
- SNAP: Translate images of text in a different language.
- SEE: Use your phone’s camera to see instant translations.
- WRITE: Draw letters or characters with your finger.
- OFFLINE: Get text translations without a data connection.
Great progress on a hard problem of translating human languages...
and very little progress on what should be easier: translating between programming languages.
Even translating between .NET and JVM languages, that are using same byte-code, is rarely available and unreliable. An opportunity for Google (or Microsoft Research)?
Ideally, there should be "semantic" translation from human languages to computer code (and reverse)
And then from "functional code" to "nice code" to "fast code"...
Once automation starts, progress in SW will be much faster.
Code Converter | Provided by Telerik (C# <=> VB.NET)
Snippet Converter for .NET 4.0 (C#, VB.NET, Boo, Python, Ruby)