By using containers, Azure IoT Edge enables migration of functionality between "cloud" and "cloud edge". Original promise of Java, realized in a bit more generic way.
"IoT Edge provides easy orchestration between code and services, so they flow securely between cloud and edge to distribute intelligence across IoT devices."
"Extend cloud intelligence to edge devices
- Run artificial intelligence at the edge
- Perform edge analytics
- Deploy IoT solutions from cloud to edge
- Manage devices centrally from the cloud
- Operate with offline and intermittent connectivity
- Enable real-time decisions
- Connect new and legacy devices
- Reduce bandwidth costs"
Azure IoT Edge in #MSBUILD Day 1 Keynote | Build 2017 | Channel 9 (!)
Sam George (@samjgeorge) | Twitter
Sam George | Internet of Things
Sam George | Blog | Microsoft Azure
Episode 123: Whatever happened to Wink and DefCon’s greatest hacks – IoT Podcast – Internet of Things