"The Azure IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service ... enables... to configure zero-touch device provisioning to Azure IoT Hub, and it brings the scalability of the cloud to what was once a laborious one-at-a-time process...
- Zero-touch provisioning to a single IoT solution without requiring hardcoded IoT Hub connection information in the factory (initial setup).
- Automatically configuring devices based on solution-specific needs.
- Load balancing devices across multiple hubs.
- Connecting devices to their owner’s IoT solution based on sales transaction data (multitenancy).
- Connecting devices to a specific IoT solution depending on use-case (solution isolation).
- Connecting a device to the IoT hub with the nearest geo-location.
- Re-provisioning based on a change in the device, such as a change in ownership or location."