GE Partners With Microsoft To Sell Its 'Industrial Cloud' Platform On Azure - Forbes
GE’s Internet-of-Things Platform to Run on Microsoft’s Cloud - WSJ
GE Predix is already running on AWS and Oracle clouds, and it is expected to be $20B by 2020
Integration with Microsoft services considered important to enterprise customers
GE and Microsoft partner to bring Predix to Azure, accelerating digital transformation for industrial customers
Sunday, July 31, 2016
"Mind for Numbers" and "Make it Stick"
How We Learn by Benedict Carey | PhilosophersNotes - OPTIMIZE with Brian Johnson
How We Learn by Benedict Carey - YouTube
1: "Spacing" (split in few smaller sessions) is much better than
"Cramming" (all at once long sessions);
metaphor of watering a lawn
2: "Fluency" vs "Mastery"
Repeated reading creates fluency illusion of familiarity, that fades away quickly.
It is much better is to often do:
* testing to that establishes knowledge.
* try to actively "recall", to retrieve from memory, that solidifies memory
Should feel level of "desirable difficulty" to establish memory
3. Test: frequent testing improves performance on future testing
Teach: best learning happens when trying to explain to somebody else (mastery comes are result of teaching)
Mix: varying topic, "interleaving", is much better that study of single topic at a time
4. Sleep & Naps solidify learning, it is essential part of learning
when subconscious mind consolidates what is learned.
5. "Zeigarnik effect" unfinished task is being processed in sleep by subconscious mind, and is better remembered!
Excellent scientific presentation, same ideas!
How We Learn Versus How We Think We Learn - YouTube
How to Become a Straight-A Student by Cal Newport | PhilosophersNotes - OPTIMIZE with Brian Johnson
- Work/Learning results = Time * Intensity
- Best way to increase results is to increase Intensity
- Strategies to deal with procrastination
- When to study: early, the earlier the better
- How long to study: less than 1 hour
- Where to study: in isolation
- #1 tip: test yourself, and try to recall information
- Space out