- "Tom Sawyer effect"
- "intrinsic" motivation vs payment: when you pay people it implies that it is not worth doing on its own.
So "contingent" rewards (get reward if you do something) are not good.
- 1.0: Survival
- 2.0: Carrot+Stick (contingent rewards and punishments)
- 3.0: Drive: intrinsic motivation
- Authonomy: you have control on what we do
- (growth) Mindset: not fixed, you can get better if you put the work
- Pain: deliberate practice, stretch outside of the comfort zone
- Asymptote: a path, not a destination, never perfect, always improving
- Purpose: be engaged in something bigger than yourself
- don't try to do too much; great leader summarized in one sentence
- did I get better today?
Drive by Dan Pink - YouTube