Sometimes there is a needed for OCR on "server/cloud".
Microsoft's own control is now deprecated.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Control | Microsoft Azure Marketplace
There are some alternatives...
Tesseract (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK: public API recognition in cloud Windows Azure — IT daily blog, news, magazine, technologies
- The “Cloud OCR SDK” is a new ABBYY online OCR service:
- Available recognition options:
- Full-text/full-page OCR
- Field-level/Zonal OCR/ICR
- Barcode recognition
- Business Card recognition
- Usage: online via http(s)
no user interface
- Processing can be controlled via web-service API
- The recognition service can easily be integrated in own applications and services
- Free development account just sign up!
Converting PDF to TIFF or text in C# - Stack Overflow
Home of PDFsharp and MigraDoc Foundation - PDFsharp & MigraDoc
Features - PDFsharp & MigraDoc