An Implementers’ Guide to Cyber-Security for Internet of Things
Devices and Beyond
Examples of Internet of Things uses include but are not limited to:
- Personal: Health and activity monitoring and wearable computing.
- Vehicular: Telematics, control systems, and other supporting systems for road, rail, maritime, and air transport.
- Smart Homes: Home networks home automation, security, smart meters, entertainment, and domestic appliances.
- Smart Buildings: Electricity and building management systems. Electronic access management and monitoring.
- Smart Cities: Food safety, power generation and distribution, transit supporting systems and infrastructure, population (monitoring, management, and control), telecommunications, and emergency services supporting systems.
- Smart Business: Supply chain management, distribution, telepresence, and document management.
- Health Care Life Critical: Life supporting, monitoring, and diagnostics systems used within the health sector.
- Industrial: Robotics, industrial automation.
- Space: Satellites, space vehicles, and associated supporting systems.
So it is "Smart Things", or "Smart Internet"...